Planned Parenthood Affiliates of California
As Digital Coordinator for Planned Parenthood Affiliates of California, I got the occasional opportunity to create graphic design assets beyond my regular scope of work.
My favorite project was for their 2017 Capitol Day event with the theme of Protect. Empower. Persist. I designed a 28-page booklet for the big lobby day (which fit into our retro fanny packs and included a hand-drawn map of the Capitol and our event setup), along with some super cute illustrations for a button-making station.
I had a few goals for illustrating buttons for 2017 Capitol Day:
- Design hella cute buttons that people will love.
- Design buttons that can be used at any Planned Parenthood 501(C)(3) or 501(C)(4) event.
- Don’t let old logo drafts go to waste.
To achieve my goals:
- I illustrated lots of racially and gender diverse folks using a variety of birth control methods, from the pill to paired use of a condom and ovulation calendar.
- Recycled old logo drafts (easy)
I also illustrated myself as one of the button variations. Can you tell which one is me? It’s pretty obvious, but I’ll probably still call you a racist! Ha!